Black Girl Film School is built upon a model curriculum, harnessing the insight of three key learning support systems to best serve our students:
- course instructors
- study hall coaches
- industry subject matter experts
We are recruiting to fill the following leadership roles:
Course instructor: An experienced expert in the field that leads live synchronous sessions and class discussion each week for 60-90 minutes via our online learning platform.
- The course instructor meets with students weekly to provide guidance pertaining to learning activities. They strive to create thoughtful connections between content and key concepts with the goal of helping students successfully complete projects.
- Provides thoughtful feedback on discussion posts, assignments, and filmmaking projects.
- Qualifications: Enthusiasm for teaching, BA/BS degree; MFA preferred.
Study Hall Coach : A technical coach helping support student projects from ideation through delivery and revision. Study Hall Coaches are available to support students through drop-in sessions and 1:1 appointments.
- A Study Hall Coach supports BGFS students by offering learning assistance around filmmaking challenges.
- Assists students in media asset management to formatting screenplay pages — all of the technical elements that a student may encounter.
- Qualifications: at least 2-5 years of technical experience with camera, A/V equipment and/or production software.
Industry Expert: A Film, TV, Animation/or Media subject matter expert.
- Executives, industry experts, organization founders, and below-the-line crew share insight into their profession’s best practices. They participate in Q & A sessions.
- Qualifications: Professional industry experience (documented). Willingness to share knowledge with the up-and-coming cohort.